Consumption and purchasing behaviors have undoubtedly evolved. Space trade, post-mortem consumption, virtual worlds, live trading, second-hand, NFT, crypto money… Aware of these changes, the Wunderman Thompson agency announced its report. Trading Futures 2022, to help professionals design themselves, as well as to structure relevant proposals for next year and beyond. To do this, the top 20 trading trends you need to know are included.
A revival for brands and consumers
The pandemic has irreversibly changed the way we consume and buy. Indeed, accelerating e-commerce adoption is generating new business and new models. The latter is responsible for further simplifying procedures for consumers. No matter their age, they will never shop the same way again. Also remember that the shopping possibilities seem endless.
For brands, this means approaching their business with an absolutely open mind. But also knowing how to anticipate the needs and technological developments associated with them and reviewing their long-term strategy. Because yes, decisions and investments made today will determine whether companies can meet the needs of consumers tomorrow.
So, with this vision in mind, Wunderman Thompson Commerce explains it to you after the report. 100 creative trends in 2022his new report Trading Futures 2022. A report that provides an overview of the trends that will structure demand over the next decade. A decade full of innovation and excitement and one that we hope is devoid of pandemics.
The future of trading: 20 trends to be a part of!
This 20-page report takes you on a stormy and stimulating tour of the 20 key trends identified by the agency. Key tips deciphered by Hugh Fletcher, Director of Global Marketing at Wunderman Thompson Commerce, detail the steps to take to help you navigate them with confidence.
- Space trade – A giant leap for business : The space trade has already begun, and it’s not just for the ultra-rich.
- Consumption and endless spending after death: The concept of consumer and consumption is changing.
- Paranoid buying and deep wave of fake crime: Fear represents a business opportunity.
- Bank and spend with your favorite marketplaces : With worldwide marketplaces accounting for 42% of all online spending, how much will they count if they also control consumers’ money?
- child trafficking: our youngest children are conditioned to make decisions
- Game trading – it’s more than just a game : 41% of players think their avatar is part of their identity in real life.
- Post-COVID shopping and fun: In a world still experiencing post-traumatic stress, there’s never been a better time to encourage consumers to indulge.
- Offensive collectors : If you own the interface, you have the client. If you have customers, you have data. If you own the data, you have the future.
- Environment and service dilemma: Sustainable development is important to consumers, but few companies know how to meet their needs through concrete actions.
- Direct Neural Interface and Zero User Interface: every moment in a person’s life will be a buying moment
- Distributors as Advertisers: Distributors must evolve to survive and thrive in this modern world of distribution.
- Live trading: vibrant commerce, bringing together the worlds of entertainment and commerce, is a trend that is poised to explode this year in the West
- Re-use and re-trade: consumers more likely than ever to purchase used products Press release – May 18, 2022
- Virtual worlds where everyone is the master of the universe: The metaverse is here and it is expected to grow and have a huge impact in many areas including commerce.
- Back to feedback: The number one thing consumers would change about e-commerce would be faster delivery
- The race is on in the compression trade: E-commerce sites that go faster earn more money and increase customer satisfaction.
- No more dealing with smart supply chains: Last mile delivery is arguably the most important part of the customer journey
- The physical store is dead, long live the physical store: 64% of consumers said they want distributors to be both online and physical, so models and offerings need to be reinvented
- Make twins to win: The digital twin can be used to test simulations, examine performance issues, and make improvements.
- How NFTs shake more than the art market: Those who see this phenomenon as a niche trend for their specialty risk being left behind…
Do you want to learn more? Download the full report Trading Futures 2022 !
Download the full report