There are only two options in 2022 for those who want to enjoy that break of up to four days: Corpus Christi (June 16, a Thursday) and the feast of the Proclamation of the Republic (November 15, a Tuesday). There is still time to plan trips for both occasions, but each has its own specifications.
A g1 spoke with Mariana Aldrigui, who is the chair of the Fecomércio de SP Tourism Council and a tourism researcher at USP, to find out what tips for those who want to enjoy meetings. See below:
Corpus Christi (optional point)
Contrary to many people’s beliefs, The body of Christ It is not a national holiday. The date is usually considered an optional point in the federal public service and is a state or municipal holiday in some places – which is why many people consider it a “long vacation”. So, the first tip is to check what it will be like in your city / workplace.
1. Is it worth thinking about traveling by plane?
Apart from the fact that Corpus Christi is less than 1 month away, traveling to distant places is not the best option for June, as Air fares face frequent increases due to steady rise in fuel prices.
- The price of the airline increases by 19% in one year
- How to Find Cheap Tickets
“There is an increase in both the price of fuel and the price of the dollar. Aircraft fuel, for example, increases the base price and is charged in dollars. It’s as if it has doubled in a single article,” he explains. Aldrigui.
Airline ticket – Photo: Eva Darron / unplash
If you want to give up the day off in June and enjoy the feast of the Proclamation of the Republicprices in November will be more attractive.
If you don’t want to stop flying to Corpus Christi, even if you pay dearly, Northeast beaches, for example, are good options for those who want to escape the cold and because they are not in high season, unlike destinations such as Campos do Jordão (SP), Gramado (RS) and others.
“It’s a holiday where we don’t see many families traveling to the beaches because it’s the end of the semester and because there are so many people studying.”
“Natal, Fortaleza, the coast of Bahia and Lençóis Maranhenses have pretty cool attractions for this time of year. It is worth looking at the whole northeast. And the more flight options the place has, the easier it is to find better prices. it is a single flight, then it becomes more expensive “, says the researcher.
2. Is international travel paid for?
Mariana says buying a travel package in advance is less a matter of logistics and more of a budget. One month to the end, it is possible to go to destinations in neighboring countries, for example. However, prices will not be the lowest, as it is the peak season in these places.
“For those who like winter travel, it is a good time to go to Chile, Uruguay, Argentina, especially to enjoy the cold and gastronomy. But it is not usual to have low prices out of the blue. As close as possible this time, of course, it gets even more expensive, ”he says.
for those who want to travel for the United States or Europe, values are expected to rise in June due to the arrival of summer.
“This is a year when all restrictions are lifted, such as the mandatory mask and Covid testing. Analysts point out that it must be the most expensive and busiest summer in Europe and the southern United States. [Flórida]”, Mariana emphasizes.
“The price of the flight from Brazil to Europe will now be double that of November, because the demand is high and the schedule is very interesting.”
3. What happens if I go by car or bus?
Even if the fuel is expensive, the situation is not the same as for the plane tickets if the person is thinking of making a trip of 200 to 300 kilometers from where he is.
In this case, some hotels in destinations that are not in high season (such as those on the beach) may even offer promotions if you are looking for a month to go. “And then these promotions make up for the high value of the fuel,” says the expert.
In order to save more, instead of staying in a more expensive hotel, people can look for a simpler inn, they can reduce the days when they go out to eat … “By changing this composition a little, you end up paying. well and you can enjoy it “, he teaches.
Proclamation of the Republic
The next official national holiday is November 15, the date of the Proclamation of the Republic. As it is a Tuesday, the change depends on the rules of each company or institution. And don’t forget that the date is almost a month before Christmas and New Year.
1. Is it worth traveling before the holidays?
“For those who want to make a purchase, for example, it is worth traveling in November because the prices are lower. Planning now, six months in advance, is a great time. ”says Mariana. “And the economists’ recommendation is that since we are in a year of political and economic uncertainty, you can pay in installments and redistribute spending. ”
2. And the impact of the World Cup?
The researcher also states that, as a World Cup will take place (from November 21 to December 18, in Qatar), the advantage of enjoying destinations in November is much greater than in December.
“In December, Brazil only plays on weekdays, and companies have to combine holidays and amendments. Prices are likely to rise depending on the combination of the World Cup and the end of the year. Traveling in November may be convenient because you will avoid the big guy in the group who wants to enjoy the holidays and the beach, ”he says.
3. What are the best destinations?
Mariana says that the beaches are still good options, because the peak season starts only in December.
- The best beaches in the world to visit in 2022
“In November we have the Northeast, but it is already possible to go to the beaches in the south of the country or on the coast of São Paulo and Rio de Janeiro. So, you will find many packages, especially considering the purchasing power. of families, in the direction of purchase in Brazil, not abroad ”.
4. When should I buy a plane ticket and accommodation?
Despite constant adjustments, it is recommended to buy the plane ticket in the first semesterto find better prices and be able to pay in installments.
“If you save some of the value of the trip, it’s worth paying in installments. In addition to the fact that you leave a paid part, on return it is less burdensome with the extra expenses you will have, such as shopping and food. It is used in planning and many agencies and services are divided into up to 10 installments for clients, ”says Mariana.
Three Brazilian beaches are among the top ten to travel in 2022
No matter what time you plan to travel, there are important planning tips. Researcher Mariana and Luiz Trigo, professor of tourism at USP, listed the most important:
- Set your budget for all kinds of expenses, such as transportation, accommodation, food, and attractions;
- Choose the type of trip you want: destination without many people on the streets or hotels, or with crowded cities?
- Look for places with your companions in mind. if you are going to have children, for example, checking if there will be a recreational and safe option;
- If you want to take the pet, see if it will be safe and possible to take care of it.
- Find out what the weather will be like to do the expected activity and also to know what kind of clothes to bring.
- Search for accommodation based on the profile of travelers. To choose the place, you must consider whether you will be a child, an elderly person, a pet.
- Before booking, check price, quality, location and security. Good places put all the information. With as much information, photos and map as possible, the place is safe.
- A very different promotion and much lower than the price deserves attention, as it can hide an unpleasant surprise, such as hotels in unsafe neighborhoods that differ from the published images;
- When booking, keep the receipt and call for questions if necessary.
- If you are traveling by car, it is important to maintain the vehicle and also avoid driving at night in unfamiliar places;
- If possible, buy air tickets at least one month in advance. If you have a problem, you are more likely to fix it. It is also necessary to arrive at the airport early and take care of your health care;
- If you go by bus, always check the location of the bus station that will disembark to see if you will need another transport. Book days in advance so you won’t be surprised to find the bus full;
- If you plan to rent a car at the destination, be clear about the final value. It ends up being great when traveling with friends and shorter distances.
- Examine the entire package and see if it includes fees, such as airline boarding fees and accommodation service charges. The value is calculated per day.
Travel luggage – Photo: Pixabay / Reproduction