After the second half of 2021, with a 77% enhance in income, with a resumption of home journey, a nationwide summer season superseason and the celebration of a full resumption of tourism within the lush parades of samba faculties at Rio’s carnivals and São Paulo, I used to be challenged by some journalists to listing the 12 most important potentials for the way forward for Brazilian tourism on this new second, after two years of pandemic that has not but left us. With the help of the CIET crew, the Info Middle on Tourism Economics that we created on the Secretariat for Tourism and Journey of the SP, follows the results of the accepted problem:
1) Pure Parks – Brazil must evolve within the concession mannequin of its Pure Parks, providing a greater construction and sights to obtain guests and the chance to have motels in a few of its areas, as occurs within the nationwide parks of worldwide. On condition that Brazil is at present the 2nd nation with the very best pure potential in tourism based on the World Financial Discussion board (till 2019 it was the primary), our nationwide parks have a fantastic potential to be higher recognized, with the impact of conservation consciousness and projection. of our nature nationally and internationally.
2) Brazilian museums – Brazilian museums, particularly essentially the most distinguished ones associated to the non-public sector, the principle ones in every state and the nationwide museums of nice historic and cultural significance managed by IBRAM- Instituto Brasileiro de Museus, should be extra concerned within the nationwide vacationer circuit. worldwide. Brazil is, based on the World Financial Discussion board, the ninth largest nation on this planet when it comes to cultural range and sights, and this isn’t correctly addressed by Tourism, neither when it comes to promotion nor when it comes to infrastructure, customer expertise and the museum. sustainability The largest instance is the New Museum in Ipiranga, the capital of São Paulo, which reopens its doorways (closed since 2013) for the two hundredth anniversary of independence on Sete de Setembro, in addition to the reopened Museum of the Portuguese Language. in 2021 and the Pinacoteca – now Nova Pina – which can reopen in November to obtain over a million guests a 12 months.
3) Built-in Resorts with Casinos – The long-awaited approval of laws to just accept built-in resorts with casinos results in the feasibility of billions of investments in areas with excessive potential to be vacationer districts and vacationer catalysts, changing the vacationer exercise of Brazilians overseas.
4) Nationalization of the idea of vacationer districts – The idea of vacationer districts, as developed within the state of São Paulo, will be an efficient institutional resolution to create governance and appeal to funding in geographical areas with actual worldwide potential for tourism – the place there are plans funding and significant mass between enterprise and authorities to change into a District.
5) Worldwide and nationwide promotion with skilled requirements – The worldwide and nationwide promotion of Brazil, with the help and partnership of tourism commerce, have to be steady and near the factors of nice confluence of the media and world affect.
6) Infrastructure and concrete high quality in vacationer municipalities – Help system, with modules, utility fashions and assets, to achieve city high quality, group and infrastructure with vacationer aims in the principle vacationer cities.
7) Use of historic buildings for motels or vacationer developments – Risk to grant historic or preserved buildings owned by the federal government and different homeowners for a very long time, in an identical undertaking “Revive” of Portugal, which opens the patrimony of personal sector funding for growth tourism initiatives, via public auctions.
8) Giant-scale assisted lending – Lending program for tourism enterprises, with assure fund and assisted credit score, operated by Sebrae in partnership with journey businesses.
9) First job in Tourism – First job program, with particular laws, which goals to stimulate employment in Tourism.
10) Nationwide Funding Space Portfolio – Determine areas and land appropriate for tourism funding in extremely engaging, business-licensed, organized areas, as we’ve carried out in São Paulo.
11) Marinas and marinas – Public-private partnerships (PPPs) for the implementation of marinas and marinas alongside the Atlantic coast, in addition to rivers and dams, encouraging the nautical business and increasing the potential of those locations.
12) City vacationer seaside sanitation plan – Particular plan for the sanitation and group of the vacationer seashores in Brazil, as a way to enhance the washing potential of seashores situated in city areas.
It’s clear that the planning of those 12 “factors for the long run” have to be built-in right into a International Plan for Brazilian Tourism, in order that they are often applied and executed in a harmonious approach – and in addition in synergy with every part we have already got. it is good and it really works …
It’s time for Brazil to acknowledge tourism as one in all its two main aggressive benefits on this planet, the place we rank first. The opposite is Agribusiness, which 40 years in the past shyly existed in a food-importing nation. But it surely turned Brazil into the basket of the planet as a result of a program was created for it, as we now level out for Tourism: there was internationalization within the manufacturing chain, there was credit score, there was coaching, there was intelligence from Embrapa and the mixing of the provision chains. manufacturing.
Because the writer of the e book “Brazil: The World Energy of Tourism”, I simply must reaffirm this title – and keep in mind that so long as tourism shouldn’t be on the heart of the nation’s financial and social agenda, it’s a waste of tens of millions of locations. and big private and non-private investments to enhance the standard of lifetime of a complete nation.